24 Jul 2010 - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi announced on Monday that the park will open in 100 days featuring a record-breaking roller coaster ride meant to emulate the feeling of being in a Ferrari F1 car. The Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is located next to the futuristic Yas Marina circuit that hosted Abu Dhabi's first Grand Prix race in November 2009, and is housed under a massive triangular red roof stretching over 200,000 square meters.
One of main attractions will definitely be the Formula Rossa rollercoaster ride which outruns most Ferraris, reaching a speed of 240 km/h in under five seconds. Able to carry 16 passengers (on four cars), the roller coaster accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 2.0 seconds and climbs to a maximum height of 52 meters (171 feet). The 2.07 km (1.29 miles) long course also features a series of "sharp turns and sudden drops" which generate 1.7 Gs.
Visitors will find a stash of other Italian-flavored takes on the typical theme-park fair, including a log-flume type ride that allows riders to experience the thrill of going through a V12 engine. That sounds fun and all, but we're more interested in an exhibit that the company is calling "Galleria Ferrari." Think of it as a walk through the pages of Ferrari history, one classic model at the time.
• Formula Rossa – The world’s fastest roller coaster, reaching speeds of 240 kmph.
• Speed of Magic – A fantasy 4-D journey following the adventures of a young boy as he travels through a kaleidoscopic dreamscape of natural and phenomenal environments, where no Ferrari has gone before.
• Made in Maranello – A virtual trip behind the walls of the famous Ferrari factory in Maranello, taking guests through the process of making a Ferrari.
• V12 – An exciting flume ride to the heart of a 12 cylinders engine.
• G-Force – A thrilling tower ride that will shoot thrill-seekers through the red roof and 62 meters in the air before plummeting back to Earth, experiencing the actual G-force of a Ferrari, in a seat directly inspired by the Ferrari Enzo.
• Scuderia Challenge – Cutting edge racing simulators similar to those used by the drivers of the Scuderia Ferrari in training.
• Viaggio in Italia – A virtual aerial voyage over Italy’s cities and main monuments, mountains and coasts pursuing a Ferrari.
• Fiorano GT Challenge – A unique dueling rollercoaster with Ferrari F430 Spiders twisting and turning through tight corners on a sprint to the finish line.
• Bell’Italia – A miniature recreation of Italy’s most famous locations, from the picturesque Portofino and the Amalfi Coast to Monza racetrack, the Colosseum in Roma, Venezia and Maranello, the heartland and home of Ferrari.
• Paddock – A re-creation of the Ferrari motor home including garages, transporters & hospitality suites with interactive shows offering fans a taste of the true action behind the scenes on a Grand Prix race day.
• The Pit Wall – An interactive theatre that allows guests to test their judgment in realistic racing scenarios.
• Galleria Ferrari – The world’s largest Ferrari gallery outside Maranello, showcasing the most exclusive range of classic and contemporary Ferrari’s from all over the world.
• Junior GT – A driving school for children with expert instruction where they will drive reduced scale F430 GT Spiders on an equipped driving course.
• Junior Grand Prix – After the Junior GT driving experience, budding F1™ drivers can enjoy the race track in scaled down Ferrari F1™ racers.
• The Racing Legends – A ride through Ferrari’s greatest racing moments starting from the first races all the way to today’s F1 victories.
• Driving with Champions – an interactive 3-D show which follows the adventures of a young engineer who is taken on the ride of a lifetime with a racing champion on his first day working at the Ferrari factory
• Cinema Maranello – Ferrari World’s own theatre showing ‘Coppa di Sicilia’, a short film that tells one of the many inspiring stories from the life of the legendary Enzo Ferrari.
• Junior Training Camp – An interactive play area for children where they can engage with a waterless car wash, become custom ‘constructors’, climb up the grandstand, pilot remote cars, paddle their own miniature Ferrari and play with an F1™ car made of soft, guest-friendly foam.
• Carousel – Featuring never-before-seen Ferrari prototypes based on winning designs from a Ferrari competition.
• Dining and Shopping – A range of concept restaurants and cafes offering authentic Italian dining experiences, in addition to unique shopping locations.