> > Nissan New Mobility Concept
Nissan New Mobility Concept
05 November 2010 - YOKOHAMA, Japan (November 1, 2010) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced a proposal for new mobility in a sustainable zero emission society and an electric vehicle (EV) embodying its proposal, 'NISSAN New Mobility CONCEPT'.
Nissan continues to envision new possibilities realized by EVs. One proposal is a sustainable, efficient and convenient mode of transportation focusing on the increase of elderly and single households, as well as the trend of driving short-distances or in smaller groups. NISSAN New Mobility CONCEPT is our proposal to make this a reality.
Four keywords outline the NISSAN New Mobility CONCEPT:
* Innovative – New two-seater compact mobility for various needs and occasions
* Easy – Size which enables anyone to drive and park easily
* Safe – Maneuverability equivalent to motorbikes with greater safety
* Clean – No emissions while driving
NISSAN New Mobility Concept is an user-friendly, ultra-compact 100% electric vehicle with no emissions which is expected to be utilized in various situations in everyday life. Nissan will study the use of this vehicle for a variety of services, such as:
* ‘seamless mobility service’, a highly efficient and convenient public transportation service linking public transportation and EVs supported by IT,
* ’2-mode EV car sharing’, where the vehicle is used as a private commuter vehicle in the mornings and evenings, and as a corporate car during business hours, and,
* contributing to the revitalization of communities with improved mobility in both urban and tourist locations.